All too often parents forget the importance of date nights and fall into what feels like a stagnant routine. Planning small dates, outside of the house, can seem like more work to schedule and more money to spend. If you finally find the time and hire a babysitter to watch the kids, who is going to plan what to see and do? Time to stop hanging out with babies and have a night on the town!
The value in scheduling time away from the kids together is high and can add spark to any long-term relationship. Date nights can bring added depth and emotional connectedness to the relationship. We have created a short list of some super fun and unique things to do in Toronto. Get out there with your partner and make the most of what this wonderful city has to offer!
- Cauldron Ice Cream: Pop in for some unique ice cream flavors made with a foggy liquid nitrogen so it is exciting to watch your desert being made! And of course order their original puffle cone to go.
- Battle Sports: Where else can you go to smash some objects in the rage room or to battle each other with foam weapons? Starting at 45 minutes, you can take this time to really focus your pent up energy into something you definitely can’t do at home in front of the kids.
- Graffiti Alley: At no cost, walk through alleys just over half a mile and take some colorful couple shots you can frame at home.
- Mora Tea Bar: Looking for a fabulous way to treat yourself? Drink a milk tea, tapioca or milkshake in a gorgeous glass perfume bottle in a chic tea bar.
- Museum of Illusions: Journey through different exhibits and prepare to experience the impossible. This museum blends entertainment with education that is sure to show you a good time.
- Mysteriously Yours Dinner Theatre: Help solve a murder after dinner at the Chelsea Hotel in downtown Toronto! An interactive comedic murder mystery show that is sure to have you and your significant other working together.
- Toronto Union Station ice rink: This season, embrace the cold and go ice skating at the ice rink for free! A nice way to get close to your honey, especially if you can’t seem to stand up for more than a few seconds.
- Toe Beans Cat Cafe: Love cats but don’t or can’t have your own? Spend time cuddling some furry friends and sipping some coffee.
- Super Wonder Gallery: Check the schedule for larger than life art exhibits to meander through. You can exchange thoughts about differing from science fiction to shock art.
- Putting Edge: Raise the competition and see who is best in the glow-in-the-dark mini golf course. Also with an adult arcade, it turns date night into extraordinary!
Hopefully these ideas can inspire you to schedule in some one on one time with your special person. If you are in need of a babysitter so you can plan that date night, use Babysits, the online platform to find babysitters in your area.
Give a Reply