During our in person support at your birth we can be the extra pair of hands to help massage and relieve discomfort as well as help partners stay engaged and hands on. Most of our couples want to keep a close connection during the birth experience and we help facilitate exactly that. Your doula stays with you until you meet your baby. Some baby`s arrive at home in water, some in hospital with minimal or lots of interventions, some scheduled and some unplanned cesarean sections. We are with you through it all, guiding you through every step of the way.
In the first hour after birth many families want to focus on bonding, skin to skin and infant feeding. Having your doula by your side during this time allows you more freedom to do what feels right on YOUR timeline and not medical staff availability. There is a lot of charting and medical things that need to be done so nurses love having us there to help with the first feeding. Your doula is not responsible for any medical procedures or charting and therefore can be the extra set of hands to help with whatever is necessary.
After coming home with your new baby you may have questions. During your postpartum meetings with your Doulas you will be able to have all these questions answered. We are also your ‘on the job trainers’ when it comes to newborn care. You can take all the prenatal and baby care classes you can and then when it comes to implementing and remembering that information you seem to forget most of it. We show you things like how to bathe your baby, burping positions, diaper change tricks, soothing techniques and many other tools depending on what you are experiencing with your baby.
Choose from 3 packages below. In-person support is subject to change based on possible hospital restrictions & public health guidelines. Contact us to check on availability in your area.
I Need a Helping Hand
$1400 plus HST
- 2 In-home prenatal meeting, one with each of your doulas
- Group chat to stay in constant contact with your doulas until 6 weeks post birth
- On call phone number that puts you in direct contact with your doulas
- In person support at your birth until approximately one hour after your baby is born
- 2 In-person postpartum visits, one with each of your doulas
I Need a Hug
$1999 plus HST (save $150)
- I Need a Hand Package plus:
- Welcome Home Postpartum Package
- Have a postpartum doula in your home with you for 18 consecutive hours after coming home from.
- See here for more information
Request a Consultation
If you’re an expecting or new parent and want more support for your postpartum experience, click below to request an appointment.